Thursday, May 6, 2010

Calling out for extra help You've got to let me in Or let me out

Today I learned that sometimes we need to let go. If you're socially awkward like I am it's easy to develop a formula when you are talking to someone. Especially when it's someone you don't usually talk to. Especially when it seems so easy to be negative or try to be witty and pithy (which usually ends with you falling flat on your face). But I've learned that sometimes you have to let go of all the anxiety that rushes around in your head and actually focus on the conversation because when you're so caught up in saying the right thing you're not really listening.

And the things you listen to are surprising and interesting and funny and at the risk of sounding super lame I would said that the things you hear can be enlightening.
Today I was reminded that there is a whole other world outside of me and that it is just as important to the people inside of it as my world is to me.
I learned that every once and a while you need to remind yourself that the world revolves around the sun not you. It sounds weird and clichéd but it's true. We get so caught up in ourselves,our emotion, our world that we forget the six and a half billion people out there. Or the eight hundred in our school or the five in our family.
Have a real conversation today, have one with someone outside your world. 
Study up cause there's a big test coming up and it's called the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment