Sunday, November 15, 2009

I could dance all night like I'm a soul boy But I know I'd rather drag myself across the dance floor



Yeah that looks like fun....


Being a teenager is hard sometimes. "Coming of age" rituals can be one of a few things
a)spirtiually enlightening
b)exciting
c)embarrasing
d) physically painful
e) all of the above.

It's November. Midterms are over, the attractive part of fall is coming to a close and whether it's humankind's need for ANYTHING to look forward to or it's everybody's favorite corporate soulless advertisers we seem to be getting in the holiday spirit.
Seeing as I am a junior this means:

winter formal

Now I know I talked about wanting to get involved, participate,make memories etc etc etc. But at this point I want to scream at the world GIVE ME A BREAK ALREADY!
I love getting dressed up,I love dancing, I love dancing with my friends but maybe it's the outsider in me that absolutely detests winter formal. I get to drink crappy Shirley temples, go to a banquet hall beside a highway and pay a ridiculous amount of money for stupid things.
It is hear that the lesson kicks in.
We all get pigheaded and sometimes it's a good thing, being able to stick to your guns makes your a better debater/conversationalist/interesting person. Then there are cases like me and winter formal where you realize that you are so far stuck in this rut that you have no idea how to get out. So you take a step back, you weigh the options and maybe you make a decision or decide to hold out to the last minute (Which is what I'll be doing). Have any of my readers been to any sort of formal? What were your thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. I think you'll live. Though, I was considering posting a similarly themed passage, which would have been entitled;
    "Seating Arrangements: How to Make or Break Friendships". So, clearly I am having troubles of my own.
    But at least I stole a few posters, taking away the opportunity for a few Gaga fans to get ahold of the song request site.

    ReplyDelete